Amanda Jennifer Pleau
Los Angeles, CA | 207.577.0463 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Master of Fine Arts in Creative Nonfiction, 2015 – UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN MAINE
Bachelor of Arts in Media Studies, 2012 – UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN MAINE
DREAM AWAY LODGE — BECKET, MA (BERKSHIRES)
Front of House Manager, March 2015-April 2016
- Recruit, interview, and hire new employees for this busy seasonal restaurant.
- Guide team members in collaborative work and create weekly schedule.
- Handle complaints, and resolve conflicts with both staff and customers.
- Sign off on server cash out every night, correcting mistakes
- Revised employee handbook and training manual to further goals of the business
- Identify the developmental needs of team members; set performance standards to improve knowledge and skills.
STONECOAST REVIEW: A LITERARY JOURNAL – ONLINE
Managing Editor, January 2014-November 2015
- Supervised and coordinated readers and other editors.
- Read, evaluated and edited manuscripts and other materials submitted for publication and conferred with authors regarding changes in content, style, organization, and publication.
- Planned and oversaw publication production, including content, artwork, layout and printing, ensuring adherence to deadlines, budget requirements and publishing requirements.
- Exercised proficiency in Microsoft Office, iOS, and social media platforms, WordPress and HTML.
TOM’S OF MAINE – KENNEBUNK, ME
Consumer Advocate, 2012 to 2014
- Recommended, selected, located and obtained products for a diverse group of customers.
- Responded to consumer complaints on various social media platforms, over the phone and via email.
- Researched and identified trends in consumer complaints to report to marketing and quality assurance teams.
- Learned manufacturing processes and FDA requirements for personal care products in the natural segment.
- Trained new employees.
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN MAINE OFFICE OF PUBLIC AFFAIRS – PORTLAND, ME
Public Affairs Intern, 2011 to 2012
- Responded to media requests and designated appropriate spokespersons or sources.
- Researched and wrote press releases and PSAs to promote the mission of the University.
- Updated and maintained content posted on the Website.
- Prepared and edited organizational publications for internal and external audiences.
PORTLAND PHOENIX – PORTLAND, ME
Freelance Writer/Lifestyle Columnist, 2010 to 2012
- Gathered information about local artistic, social and cultural events through research, interviews, experience, or attendance.
- Authored recurring features/columns on culture, entertainment and lifestyle.
BAYSIDE BOWL – PORTLAND, ME
Laneside Server, 2009-2010
- Took orders, ran food and drinks, bussed lanes.
- Answered questions about scoring, leagues, made puns, high-fived bowlers for rolling a strike.
MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY ASSOCIATION – WESTBROOK, ME
Administrative Assistant, 2006 to 2009
- Managed communications with and provided tech support for fundraising volunteers.
- Lent onsite support at fundraising events, processing payments and filling in ad hoc.